Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Concert

Today I left Kabul. I will be having a concert in Amsterdam along with Obaid Juenda and Qader Eshparie. Even though I’ll only be gone for 5 days, I seem to already miss my co-workers, family and friends in Kabul. It’s the strangest feeling. I have been taking care of my friend Victoria’s six month old kitten, Nobles, while she’s away on holidays in England, and now that he finally got used to me, I left also. I’m so worried about him. I have my own cat who is 15 years old now, and haven’t left him unless it’s with my mom, and brothers. They love him just as much as I do. The reason I’m worried about Nobles is I noticed most people in Afghanistan don’t appreciate pets, and animals as much. I don’t think they truly realize yet how valuable a pet can be, and how happy they make you feel. Growing up, every time I had any kind of trouble come my way, as soon as I saw my cat all the problems just vanished like magic, and I was smiling again. You just can’t help but smile when you see that face. The other day we were recording a promo for “Afghan Talent” on a mountain with a view of Kabul city, and I saw the most beautiful dogs just standing there homeless. I know that some people in Afghanistan barely have enough to feed themselves, and their families, but I would personally have less kids, and mix in a few pets. My mom says if you want to raise a caring, generous, and kind hearted child simply get a pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment